Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mel's Burger Bar with My Mommy

Hey you guys!

Today I had dinner with my mom and I had such a good time with her. She is really the best mom in the world. Someone should give her a trophy or something cause she is my mom, but I can hang out with her like if we were sisters. Oh how I love my mother is unexplainable.

Another thing I love about her is her love for food (I guess that's where I got it from). She loves to sit down in a restaurant and eat. Although she prefers her Arroz con Habichuela (rice and beans), today she finally caved into my art of persuasion and decided to try something different. She and I went to this cute restaurant named Mel's Burger Bar on the Upper West Side between 110th and 111th Street. I had been wanting to go into this place for weeks and never had an opertunity to go in. I was always hypnotized by Chipotle Mexican Grill, which is right across the street; the Lord only knows my love for Chipotle :)

Today I finally went in and I wasn't disappointed, but I also wasn't blown away. Let's break this post into two sections, well, three cause of the intro.... yeah.

First I want to tell you about the atmosphere. It is loud. Not the place you want to go to if you want to have a conversation with someone. It isn't the music that is loud, but the people. Especially the guy next to me. Damn people need to learn how to use their inside voices. I just wanted to throw a fry at them or something. Anyhow, It definity has an all American bar theme; I was sitting under a picture of our great flag. The restaurant was filled with rustic yet cozy elements like wood and warm colors. There was this picture that I found kinda cute and had to take a picture of it:


Isn't that cute?? Anyway, now let's talk about the good stuff, FOOD. My mother and I both ordered a Classic burger: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles (I ordered mine with no onions),  served on a potato roll for $8.90. Seems like a good deal considering it brought a side of cold slaw right? NOO!!! The burger was small and I think I got a sample of cold slaw instead of a side. Plus, If you want fries that's an extra $3.50. You don't really get that much bang for your buck at Mel's Burger Bar. There are better burger joints in the city, fo sho!! (that's "for sure" for the people that didn't get it)
Don't get me wrong the food wasn't awful, it just wasn't great. The burger was a little under seasoned. The fries shined more then the burger and If there's one thing I would to Mel's would be for their Caramel Milkshake. OMG that shake was delicious! My mom said it was too sweet but i don't care. It catered to my sweet tooth perfectly.

All in all, I had fun with my mom which is what I was looking for. Mel's Burger Bar has a full bar so it's great to go to with friends. If you'd like to check it out someday go to their website by clicking here. As I said it is mind blowing, but it is an okay burger joint. Hope you liked my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment